After a very busy day at work, it's nice to cook up something in 10 minutes.
It may sound like a strange salad combination, but trust me it works! Even my husband (who is very fussy) loved the taste of the pear and bacon combo.
This recipe is really simple to make and is only 9PP per serve.
PEAR, ROCKET & BACON SALAD
WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
- 30g rocket leaves – 0PP
- 1/2 pear sliced thinly – 0PP
- 1 small breakfast bacon rasher – 1PP
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese – 0PP
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar – 0PP
- 1 tsp olive oil – 1PP
- 2 small chicken thigh fillets - 7PP
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed chili flakes
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- Grill or air fry bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with chili flakes and stock power.
- Put chicken on a non stick grill or fry pan and cook for 5 mins each side until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad by combining the rocket, pear and cooled bacon.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together.
- Pour the dressing over the top of your salad and then sprinkle the over the Parmesan cheese.
- Once your chicken is cooked, add to the side of your salad.
This recipe serves 1 person.