Saturday 18 January 2014

Sweet & Spicy Chinese Chicken

Hi everyone,

I have been having cravings for Chinese takeaway all week. The thought of delicious chinese food has been driving me insane. 

Normally I would make a call, and 10 mins later pick up my order from the chinese takeaway, but since being on Weight Watchers I have had to think before I act.

So tonight instead of having fatty food that would have blown my points for the day, I decided to make my own. It worked out to be 10pp per serve - very filling and tasty without the added fats.

Give this one a go if you too are tempted by the taste and ease of getting take out on weekends, you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!

Carmz

Sweet & Spicy Chinese Chicken (serves 2)

Ingredients 

  • 280g chicken thigh fillets (fat removed)
  • 1 large shallot, sliced 
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp crushed chilli
  • 1 tsp Vegeta Chicken stock powder
  • 3 tsp honey
  • 7 tsp soy sauce
  • 220g cooked rice

Method
  • Brown chicken in a fry pan or wok on medium high heat.
  • Once almost cooked, add the shallots. cook for a further 2 mins
  • Mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl, add to the chicken and shallots.
  • Reduce the temperature down to medium-low and let sauce simmer away for 5 mins. If you like, you can also add a little bit of water if the sauce is reducing too quick.
  • Serve with fluffy steamed rice and a cooling salad on the side.





No comments:

Post a Comment