I have been having cravings for Chinese takeaway all week. The thought of delicious chinese food has been driving me insane.
Normally I would make a call, and 10 mins later pick up my order from the chinese takeaway, but since being on Weight Watchers I have had to think before I act.
So tonight instead of having fatty food that would have blown my points for the day, I decided to make my own. It worked out to be 10pp per serve - very filling and tasty without the added fats.
Give this one a go if you too are tempted by the taste and ease of getting take out on weekends, you won't be disappointed.
Sweet & Spicy Chinese Chicken (serves 2)
- 280g chicken thigh fillets (fat removed)
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed chilli
- 1 tsp Vegeta Chicken stock powder
- 3 tsp honey
- 7 tsp soy sauce
- 220g cooked rice
- Brown chicken in a fry pan or wok on medium high heat.
- Once almost cooked, add the shallots. cook for a further 2 mins
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl, add to the chicken and shallots.
- Reduce the temperature down to medium-low and let sauce simmer away for 5 mins. If you like, you can also add a little bit of water if the sauce is reducing too quick.
- Serve with fluffy steamed rice and a cooling salad on the side.